Main page content
Entity view (Content)
CDM Stravitec is a Belgian-based group with ten subsidiaries worldwide. We specialize in the design, supply, and installation of structural acoustics and vibration solutions for buildings and floor, ceiling, and wall applications. With a 70-year history, we apply our deep knowledge in noise & vibration isolation techniques and our creativity to provide solutions to clients in the built environment.
For our US subsidiary and to support our growing business, we are looking for an energetic, full-time Sales & Project Engineer in New York City Metropolitan Area.
This position offers and requires a mix of sales, business development, engineering work, and engineering support for design teams (primarily acoustical consultants, structural engineers, and architects), as well as for contractors and building owners. The person in this position reports directly to the Managing Director USA.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Proactive sales and identification of opportunities
- Business development, educational presentations, networking with key people
- Drafting, calculations, and development of isolation concepts and details
- Engineering support to the clients’ design teams
- Project management and coordination with sales and logistics team to deliver solutions on time
- On-site installation guidance and support to contractors
- Min. 5 years professional working experience in the acoustical industry or related engineering/construction industries
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in a construction-related engineering field, e.g. structural, civil, mechanical, or acoustical engineering experience and interest in business development and sales
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Good understanding of construction methods and terminology
- Experience in business development and in working with design team and contractors
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and networking skills
- Proactive and “Go-Getter” Attitude
- Alignment with our company’s core values: Creativity, Dynamism, Result-Orientation, Competitiveness, and People-Focused
Nice To Have
- Experience with CAD and other drafting or modeling software is a plus
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
- Travel: ~20% within NYC Metro; occasionally to national conferences or our headquarters in Belgium
Following an initial product and engineering training at the company’s headquarters in Belgium, the successful candidate will be required to work independently, occasionally against short deadlines. In return, we offer a very attractive salary and benefits package in a growing, dynamic, and entrepreneurial company.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to our recruiting agent:
Casey Gilfillan at firstname.lastname@example.org.