Main page content
Entity view (Content)
CDM Stravitec is a Belgian-based group with ten subsidiaries worldwide. We specialize in the design, supply, and installation of structural acoustics and vibration solutions for buildings and floor/ceiling and wall applications. With a 70-year history, we apply our deep knowledge in noise and vibration isolation techniques as well as creativity to provide solutions to clients in the built environment.
For our US subsidiary and to support our growing business and demand, we are looking for an energetic, full-time Sales & Project Engineer in Los Angeles, CA.
This position offers and requires a mix of sales, business development, engineering work, and engineering support for design teams (primarily acoustical consultants, structural engineers, and architects), as well as for contractors and building owners. The person in this position reports directly to the Managing Director USA.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Proactive sales and identification of opportunities
- Business development, educational presentations, networking with key people
- Drafting, calculations, and development of isolation concepts and details
- Engineering support to the clients’ design teams
- Project management and coordination with sales and logistics team to deliver solutions on time
- On-site installation guidance and support to contractors
- Min. 3-5 years professional working experience
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in a construction-related engineering field, e.g. structural, civil, mechanical, or acoustical engineering; or a very good technical understanding of construction materials and methods
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Good understanding of construction methods and terminology
- Experience in business development and in working with design team and contractors
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and networking skills
- Proficient with CAD
- Alignment with our company’s core values:
- Creativity, Dynamism, Result-Orientation, Competitiveness, and People-Focused
Nice To Have
- Experience in the field of architectural acoustics or structural dynamics is a plus
- PE License for California and other states is a plus
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
- Travel: ~20% within SoCal; occasionally to national conferences or to HQ in Belgium
Following an initial product and engineering training at the company’s headquarters in Belgium, the successful candidate will be required to work independently, occasionally against short deadlines. In return, we offer a very attractive salary and benefits package in a growing, dynamic, and entrepreneurial company.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to our recruiting agent:
Casey Gilfillan at firstname.lastname@example.org.