Main page content
Entity view (Content)
Head of Engineering (BE)
CDM Stravitec NV is a leading international company specialised in the design, manufacture and installation of sound and vibration isolation systems for building structures and industrial applications. CDM Stravitec is a globally recognised market leader in their sector, active in more than 30 countries and has a clear vision of the future to make our world a quieter place. We do this by demanding the highest quality standards from our products and by taking into account the strict environmental standards (local legislation, energy saving, reduction of waste and atmospheric emissions,...).
To support our further growth, we are, for our headquarters in Overijse, looking for a motivated Head of Engineering.
We are seeking a highly motivated head of engineering, to strengthen our growing team and support our worldwide expansion. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the engineering division's operations and managing the team of engineers.
The head of engineering sets, in consultation with the Technical Director, the strategic objectives of the engineering division and ensures that they are realised.
Collaboration, communication and coaching will be key in this role, so a strong ability to work effectively in a team and adhere to established standards is a must. Furthermore, we require someone with a can-do attitude, a commitment to provide excellent customer service.
Are you a motivated person with a passion for technology and innovative solutions, and do you get energy from constantly looking for improvements and thinking out of the box by taking ownership and approaching things with an open mind, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the engineering division's operations and managing the team of engineers.
- Leading the design and calculations done by the engineers
- Final reviewing and approving of the engineering designs, drawings, and calculations
- Managing project budgets and timelines, ensuring that projects are delivered within cost and schedule constraints.
- Conducting risk assessments and implementing mitigation strategies to address potential challenges and issues.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements and implementing relevant changes to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Training and mentoring the engineering team members, responsible for the professional development of the team members
Qualifications & Skills
- Master degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Experience in Structural Analysis and design of concrete and steel structures is a must
- Experience with numerical predictions and measurements of vibrations in a built environment is an asset
- Solid technical background with hands on experience in building construction market
- Result and solution oriented mentality able to deliver
- An excellent communicator and a good team player with the ability to communicate at all levels
- A can-do, flexible attitude and hands on approach coupled with a desire to succeed.
- The ability to work structured and to take calm and measured approach in an often-pressured environment which involves working to tight deadlines to achieve results.
- Comprehensive PC skills including the familiarity of the Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint)
- Good knowledge of English is a must
- An interesting job in a growing international company
- You will be part of a young and dynamic team
- You get the opportunity to develop yourself and your skills
- Attractive salary with extra-legal benefits as a mobility budget and insurance package
For further information, please contact Eva Govaerts at firstname.lastname@example.org